Tuesday, August 1, 2017

An Interview With A Real-Life Homeschooler: Ethan


Age: 11

Grade: 5th

What is your favorite school subject? “Science.”

What are your hobbies/interests?  “Programming Lego robotics, making and flying model rockets, and designing and flying paper airplanes.”

What do you love about homeschooling?  “My schedule is flexible and customized to me, and I can spend time on things I like doing.”

What benefits do you have since you’re homeschooled? “My schoolwork is made for my likes and interests.  If there’s something I’m interested in learning about, it can count towards school.  I also don’t have to eat cafeteria food.”

What are your thoughts on the homeschooling lies/myths such as socialization, for example?  “That’s all wrong!  You can finish schoolwork faster so you have more time to be with other people at activities and such.”

What would you tell someone who is thinking about homeschooling, but isn’t quite sure? “Scheduling is awesome!  You can spend time learning about what you are interested in, and still have plenty of time to spend on other activities and hobbies.  You can also work ahead and finish earlier than planned!”

Many thanks to Ethan for his time and honest answers!


No comments:

Post a Comment